Haili Christian School opened its doors in September 1978 to two teachers and thirteen students. Inspired to reach children and families in our community with the joy and saving grace found in a relationship with Jesus Christ, the late Kahu David Ka'apu of Haili Church, began this visionary endeavor on his knees. After two years of trusting and waiting on the Lord in prayer to provide, he commissioned a small team of prayerful and committed individuals to faithfully follow the Lord's leading.
Haili Congregational Church of Hilo, founded in 1824, has been the spiritual ohana for many generations of families living in East Hawaii. Haili Continues today in the same Biblical and Christ-centered ministry with the single purpose to draw men, women, and children to know Jesus as Savior and Lord. Please come and be a part of one of our family-style services.