CELEBRATING 42 YEARS!
It is the intention of Haili Christian School to provide the best possible instruction and training. In keeping with this, the following admission policy has been established.
Readiness is a criterion for admission to any grade. Achievement test scores are used to assess placement into that grade.
Students with special needs are admitted based on the determination of our ability to meet their needs. There may be a recommendation for further evaluation as deemed necessary during the application process.
Students who are applying from other schools should have a conduct record that is average or above. Those who have been suspended or expelled from another school, or who have a juvenile record, should provide evidence that a genuine change or behavior and attitude has occurred before admission will be considered.
The school admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to al the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration or our educational policies, admission policies, scholarship program, athletic and other school-administered programs.
COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKETS are submitted to HCS and evaluated prior personal interview. We are currently accepting applications and will be scheduling a personal interview at the time the completed application packet is received. There may be need to access a student with an existing learning difference. At that time, an assessment fee will be charged.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE (PRESCHOOL - GRADE 8)
1. Contact HCS Office 961-5026 to submit student name and information for application
2. Pick-up student application OR an application can be mailed to you.
3. Complete application (both parent/guardian signatures are required on forms without proof of sole custody).
4. Return completed application with Registration Fee of $100.00 AND following documents:
a. Copy of student(s) official state birth certificate (not hospital copy)
b. Copy of most recent Student Report Card including SAT reports (as applicable)
5. Wait for contact from HCS office for Family/Student interview with Principal and Preschool Director
6. Student acceptance will be determined after interview.
7. Upon acceptance, Comprehensive Fees are due and completed Student Healthy Report (Form DOE 14).
AGE REQUIREMENTS FOR PRESCHOOL - KINDERGARTEN
3Pre Class: Student must be 3years old on or by July 31, 2020
4yr. Old Kindergarten Class: Student must be 4-years old on or by July 31, 2020
5yr. Old Kindergarten Class: Student must be 5-years old on or by July 31, 2020
HEALTH REQUIREMENTS ARE MANDATED FOR ALL PUBLIC AND PRIVATE SCHOOLS.
ALL REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET PRIOR TO STUDENT STARTING . NO EXCEPTIONS.
IMMUNIZATION RECORD AND PHYSICAL
1. A physical examination is required within 12 months before FIRST ENTRY into the Hawaii school system (private or public). Physical examination must be signed by a Provider: Medical Doctor (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO), Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), or Physician's Assistant (PA)
2. Physical examinations must be performed within the United States
3. Immunization record must be reviewed and signed or stamped by Provider (please have record updated before entry to school).
VARICELLA VACCINE ("CHICKEN POX" VACCINE)
The "chicken pox" vaccine will be required for entry into preschool, kindergarten, and 7th grade AND for all students entering the Hawaii school system for the first time, regardless of age.
A documented history of "chicken pox" signed by the Provider, may be substituted for the "chicken pox" vaccine requirement.
7TH GRADE ATTENDANCE
Documentation of receipt of the following vaccines will be required for 7th grade attendance:
* 2 MMR vaccines
* 3 hepatitis B vaccines
* 1 or 2 chicken pox vaccine(s)
TUBERCULOSIS (TB) EXAMINATION
Tuberculosis (TB) Examination is required within 12 months before FIRST ENTRY in the Hawaii school system (a student who has a valid TB examination for preschool entry does not need another TE examination to enter kindergarten)
TB test and/ or chest x-ray must be performed within the United States
TB examination must have Provider's signature or stamp
5 YEAR OLD KINDERGARTEN
Please be sure 5yr. old immunizations are up to date and recorded on your child's school Health Record (DOE Form 14) Prior to entrance. Please contact your child's doctor for more information.
Annual Fee Accompanies application
Comp. Fees cover textbooks; student insurance; yearbook; and tech. fees
Preschool - Kindergarten
Grades 1st - 3rd
Grades 4th - 8th
Paid monthly prior to service
Paid in ten (10) monthly installments. First installment due July and tenth installment due April . Early payment discount and sibling discounts are available. Please call office for tuition quote.
Paid in ten monthly installments of $580.00
Paid in ten monthly installments of $795.00
Paid in ten monthly installments of $450.00
Paid in ten monthly installments of $470.00